Report: Jerome Boger will work as referee for Browns-Patriots
|12.05.13 at 10:35 pm ET|
Jerome Boger will work as the referee for Sunday’s Browns-Patriots game, according to our pals at FootballZebras.com.
This will mark Boger’s second New England game of the 2013 season — he was the lead official for the Oct. 13 game between the Patriots and Jets at MetLife Stadium in North Jersey. That game will be remember for a disputed ending, one where Boger and his crew flagged New England defensive lineman Chris Jones for a little-used penalty — unsportsmanlike conduct — when, according to Boger, he apparently pushed a teammate into the formation on a late field-goal attempt by the Jets. The field goal was off the mark, but the penalty gave New York another chance, and the Jets converted later in the extra session.
Here’s a look at each lead official assigned to work Patriots games to this point in the 2013 season:
Sept. 9 vs. Buffalo: Walt Anderson
Sept. 12 vs. NY Jets: Carl Cheffers
Sept. 22 vs. Tampa Bay: Jeff Triplette
Sept. 29 vs. Atlanta: Walt Coleman
Oct. 6 vs. Cincinnati: Gene Steratore
Oct. 13 vs. New Orleans: Tony Corrente
Oct. 20 vs. NY Jets: Jerome Boger
Oct. 27 vs. Miami: Walt Anderson
Nov. 3 vs. Pittsburgh: Walt Coleman
Nov. 18 vs. Carolina: Clete Blakeman
Nov. 24 vs. Denver: Gene Steratore
Dec. 8 vs. Cleveland: Jerome Boger
For the complete list of this week’s officiating assignments, check out Football Zebras. And for a complete breakdown of Boger’s work as a referee, take a look at his page at Pro Football Reference.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors