Patriots rule out Aaron Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins for Sunday vs. Dolphins
|12.14.13 at 8:40 pm ET|
Despite returning to practice on Friday after missing the last two games with a sore left foot, rookie receiver Aaron Dobson was one of two players the Patriots ruled out on Saturday night for Sunday afternoon’s game in South Florida. Also ruled out Sunday is fellow rookie receiver Kenbrell Thompkins with a hip injury.
Dobson injured his left foot in the game against the Broncos and played just 36 of 87 snaps. After catching six passes for 56 yards against Denver on Nov. 24, Thompkins was held to just one catch for 16 yards against Houston on Dec. 1 and injured his hip.
Both Thompkins and Hobson watched last Sunday’s come-from-behind win over the Browns from the press box. Dobson was wearing a boot on his left foot before discarding it for Friday’s practice.
Dobson and Thompkins were among the nine listed as questionable on Friday’s injury report, but the only two ruled out by the team Saturday after the team arrived in South Florida. It is standard procedure for road teams not to travel players who are ruled out the night before the game.
Kenbrell Thompkins & Aaron Dobson have been downgraded to OUT & will not play in tomorrow's game. #NEvsMIA
For more, including coverage from Chris Price in South Florida, visit the Patriots team page at weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...