Tom Brady ticked off after losing heartbreaker in Miami
|12.15.13 at 4:44 pm ET|
Asked about the final drive and the three chances at the end zone from the 19-yard line, Brady didn’t hold back.
“We had plenty of chances all day. We make some good plays and then we make plenty of [expletive] plays,” Brady said before walking off the podium to catch the team bus for the flight back to Boston.
Brady was asked about the team’s offensive failures in the red area, which were highlighted on the final drive. Danny Amendola couldn’t hold on to a pass at the goal line. Julian Edelman had a pass broken up and Michael Hoomanawanui had a ball knocked away in the end zone.
“We didn’t do a good job getting into the red area and we didn’t do a good job finishing drives. So, you know, turns out you come up on the short end of the stick,” Bradys aid. “Just wasn’t a good day. Just couldn’t make enough plays when we had a chance to.”
The best chance might have been when the Patriots had the ball first-and-10 from the Miami 19 with 27 seconds remaining. Brady lofted a perfect pass that Amendola appeared to have in his hands at the goal line. But corner back Michael Thomas, signed off San Francisco’s practice squad just last week by Miami, hit Amendola, who dropped the pass just as it appeared he was hauling it in.
“I’d like to have that one. I have to look at film. Game is on the line and I’d really like to have that one,” Amendola said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick