Tom Brady ticked off after losing heartbreaker in Miami
|12.15.13 at 4:44 pm ET|
Asked about the final drive and the three chances at the end zone from the 19-yard line, Brady didn’t hold back.
“We had plenty of chances all day. We make some good plays and then we make plenty of [expletive] plays,” Brady said before walking off the podium to catch the team bus for the flight back to Boston.
Brady was asked about the team’s offensive failures in the red area, which were highlighted on the final drive. Danny Amendola couldn’t hold on to a pass at the goal line. Julian Edelman had a pass broken up and Michael Hoomanawanui had a ball knocked away in the end zone.
“We didn’t do a good job getting into the red area and we didn’t do a good job finishing drives. So, you know, turns out you come up on the short end of the stick,” Bradys aid. “Just wasn’t a good day. Just couldn’t make enough plays when we had a chance to.”
The best chance might have been when the Patriots had the ball first-and-10 from the Miami 19 with 27 seconds remaining. Brady lofted a perfect pass that Amendola appeared to have in his hands at the goal line. But corner back Michael Thomas, signed off San Francisco’s practice squad just last week by Miami, hit Amendola, who dropped the pass just as it appeared he was hauling it in.
“I’d like to have that one. I have to look at film. Game is on the line and I’d really like to have that one,” Amendola said.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?