Bill Belichick on the Ravens: ‘They look like the championship team that they are’
|12.18.13 at 12:28 pm ET|
After Justin Tucker connected from 61 yards Monday night, the Ravens are suddenly an 8-6 team that is just one game behind the Bengals in the AFC North and riding a four-game winning streak.
“We have a little bit of a chance to catch up on the Ravens,” Belichick said. “Obviously, an impressive football team, like they usually are. [They are] a real solid organization. They do a great job, from all the way at the top with Steve and Ozzie. They put together a good football team. They’re well-coached.”
Doing the coaching is John Harbaugh, who appears to have his Ravens playing its best football at the most critical time of the season.
“John and his staff have done a great job,” Belichick said. “They play very well in all three phases of the game. Excellent on special teams. Obviously, their kicker is having a big year. Good returner, good specialists, good coverage people and made a lot of good plays on defense; one of the best situational teams in the league ‘ red area, third down.
“Big, physical team that’s tough to move the ball against. Offensively, they’re an explosive group: outstanding quarterback, running backs, tight ends have been solid ‘ [Dennis] Pitta’s back ‘ big receivers, physical receivers, good offensive line. They look like the championship team that they are. It will be a big challenge for us down there in Baltimore. [They’re] playing well, they’ve made a lot of key plays at the end of the games when they needed to made them, on offense, defense, special teams, whether it be kicks returned, stops, scores, moving the ball into field goal range, whatever it happens to be. They’ve made a lot of consistent big plays and they’re playing real well right now. It’s a good football team. It will be a good test for us down there.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself