Patriots practice Wednesday: Nate Solder, Josh Boyce absent
|12.18.13 at 11:11 am ET|
FOXBORO — Starting left tackle Nate Solder was not at the start of Patriots practice on Wednesday as the Patriots began on-field preparations for the Ravens this Sunday in Baltimore.
Also missing from sweats and shells practice was wide receiver Josh Boyce, who limped off the field following a 15-yard fourth-quarter kickoff return against the Dolphins.
Solder suffered a head injury and was given concussion testing after leaving the game in the second half, forcing Logan Mankins to move from left guard to left tackle, the position he played at Fresno State.
On the positive front, rookie receivers Kenbrell Thompkins (hip) and Aaron Dobson (left foot) were both in attendance and could be returning to game action this Sunday. Dobson has missed the last three games but returned to practice last Friday.
Thompkins injured his hip against the Texans on Dec. 1 and has missed the last two games.
The team practiced on the main Gillette Stadium field, which was cleared by snow plows after another heavy snow storm Tuesday night. While the temperature hovered around freezing with snow on the ground, the game late Sunday afternoon at M&T Bank Stadium is expected to be played in much different conditions. Temperatures in the low 70s with a 50 percent chance of rain is in the forecast.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?