Patriots practice Wednesday: Nate Solder, Josh Boyce absent
|12.18.13 at 11:11 am ET|
FOXBORO — Starting left tackle Nate Solder was not at the start of Patriots practice on Wednesday as the Patriots began on-field preparations for the Ravens this Sunday in Baltimore.
Also missing from sweats and shells practice was wide receiver Josh Boyce, who limped off the field following a 15-yard fourth-quarter kickoff return against the Dolphins.
Solder suffered a head injury and was given concussion testing after leaving the game in the second half, forcing Logan Mankins to move from left guard to left tackle, the position he played at Fresno State.
On the positive front, rookie receivers Kenbrell Thompkins (hip) and Aaron Dobson (left foot) were both in attendance and could be returning to game action this Sunday. Dobson has missed the last three games but returned to practice last Friday.
Thompkins injured his hip against the Texans on Dec. 1 and has missed the last two games.
The team practiced on the main Gillette Stadium field, which was cleared by snow plows after another heavy snow storm Tuesday night. While the temperature hovered around freezing with snow on the ground, the game late Sunday afternoon at M&T Bank Stadium is expected to be played in much different conditions. Temperatures in the low 70s with a 50 percent chance of rain is in the forecast.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Montee Ball Released by Patriots: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason