Tom Brady gives some insight to lack of two-minute offense: ‘Maybe we should do it more’
|12.18.13 at 1:30 pm ET|
This year, with the exception of the two-minute drill in each half, the Patriots have not employed it very often.
One reason may be that it requires very quick sight adjustments by every player on offense and for those players to be in the right place at the right time. That’s not to say it hasn’t been successful. The end of the Saints game featured perfect execution, featuring two passes to Austin Collie and a game-winning grab by Kenbrell Thompkins with five seconds left.
The Patriots repeated it against Browns on Dec. 8 when New England needed two touchdowns in the final two minutes and an onside kick to get the win.
So, the question to Brady Wednesday at his presser: Why don’t you use it more often?
“I just think we’re trying to figure out what we think is best to do to help us win,” Brady said. “So, it just hasn’t really required that. But we go fast plenty of times in those two-minute situations where we’ve done a good job. Maybe we should do it more often.”
Brady hinted that with all of the injuries on offense and three rookies and another first-year receiver in Danny Amendola, it’s much harder to execute.
“We’ve been inconsistent and we’ve been dealing with a lot of different things,” Brady added. “The more consistent we can be, the more dependable we can be as players and the better our execution is the more points we’re going to score. Ultimately, the game is about scoring points. We have to do that the best we can. We try to practice on that, work on that, try to get as good as you can at it. Hopefully, we’re better right now than we were at the beginning of the year. That’s why we play the games.”
Told by Rich Garven of the Worcester Telegram and Gazette that he would follow up with a question for Josh McDaniels next week, Brady smiled and said, “Ask Josh, yeah. Josh knows the answers.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38