Phil Simms: Patriots, Ravens are ‘battle tested’ survivors
|12.19.13 at 3:51 pm ET|
The broadcast team of Phil Simms and Jim Nantz will call Sunday’s Patriots-Ravens game for CBS. On Thursday, Simms praised both teams as survivors who are used to pressure situations.
On New England vs. Baltimore: “Baltimore and New England are two of the greatest surviving teams there are in the NFL. They survive. The best way to describe them is, they are battle tested. And that is not an overused phrase. In a pressure situation it’s just not a big deal to them. Why? The two things that stick out about both teams are the coaches and the quarterbacks. They don’t flinch. And they can play it right to the end.”
On pressure in final two weeks: “All the preparation and all the work for so many teams, and here it comes down to the final weeks. The word pressure is so over-used in sports, but these are pressure-packed weeks because you realize that this is the chance to win and have success in the playoffs.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats