Bill Belichick takes his team to see ‘Lone Survivor’
|12.20.13 at 8:04 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots had a significant schedule change on Friday. It wasn’t because Bill Belichick wanted more holiday shopping time for his team.
No, the Patriots had team meetings early and headed out to the practice field at 10 Friday morning so he could take them to the movies Friday afternoon. Not just any movie but the “Lone Survivor,” a movie based on the Navy SEAL “Operation Red Wings” mission of June 28, 2005.
Four members of SEAL Team 10 were tasked with the mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd. Three were killed and one survived inside Afghanistan.
The movie stars Mark Wahlberg, a friend of Belichick and Patriots owner Robert Kraft. Belichick took his team to seen another Wahlberg movie – “The Fighter” in 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...