Bill Belichick takes his team to see ‘Lone Survivor’
|12.20.13 at 8:04 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots had a significant schedule change on Friday. It wasn’t because Bill Belichick wanted more holiday shopping time for his team.
No, the Patriots had team meetings early and headed out to the practice field at 10 Friday morning so he could take them to the movies Friday afternoon. Not just any movie but the “Lone Survivor,” a movie based on the Navy SEAL “Operation Red Wings” mission of June 28, 2005.
Four members of SEAL Team 10 were tasked with the mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd. Three were killed and one survived inside Afghanistan.
The movie stars Mark Wahlberg, a friend of Belichick and Patriots owner Robert Kraft. Belichick took his team to seen another Wahlberg movie – “The Fighter” in 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It