Bill Belichick takes his team to see ‘Lone Survivor’
|12.20.13 at 8:04 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots had a significant schedule change on Friday. It wasn’t because Bill Belichick wanted more holiday shopping time for his team.
No, the Patriots had team meetings early and headed out to the practice field at 10 Friday morning so he could take them to the movies Friday afternoon. Not just any movie but the “Lone Survivor,” a movie based on the Navy SEAL “Operation Red Wings” mission of June 28, 2005.
Four members of SEAL Team 10 were tasked with the mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd. Three were killed and one survived inside Afghanistan.
The movie stars Mark Wahlberg, a friend of Belichick and Patriots owner Robert Kraft. Belichick took his team to seen another Wahlberg movie – “The Fighter” in 2010.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions