Patriots practice Friday: Josh Boyce (ankle) only player missing
|12.20.13 at 10:54 am ET|
FOXBORO — For the second straight day, rookie receiver Josh Boyce was the only player missing from sweats and shells practice on the lower grass fields as the Patriots finished their on-field preparations for the Ravens this Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.
Boyce injured his ankle during a 15-yard kickoff return in the fourth quarter of last Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins. Boyce has missed all three practices this week and is likely to sit out Sunday’s game in Baltimore.
In a possible sign that he is ready to play again Sunday, left tackle Nate Solder attended his second straight practice on Friday.
Solder, who suffered a head injury last week against Miami and has been listed on this week’s injury report with a concussion, has only missed Wednesday’s practice this week. Solder has been diagnosed with concussion symptoms in the last two games, coming out of the game against Cleveland on Dec. 8.
In a positive sign for a pair of rookie receivers, Aaron Dobson (left foot) and Kenbrell Thompkins (hip) participated in practice again Friday and could be ready to go Sunday against the Ravens. Thompkins has missed the last two games while Dobson was hurt in the Broncos game Nov. 24 and has missed the last three games.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty