Patriots practice Friday: Josh Boyce (ankle) only player missing
|12.20.13 at 10:54 am ET|
FOXBORO — For the second straight day, rookie receiver Josh Boyce was the only player missing from sweats and shells practice on the lower grass fields as the Patriots finished their on-field preparations for the Ravens this Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.
Boyce injured his ankle during a 15-yard kickoff return in the fourth quarter of last Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins. Boyce has missed all three practices this week and is likely to sit out Sunday’s game in Baltimore.
In a possible sign that he is ready to play again Sunday, left tackle Nate Solder attended his second straight practice on Friday.
Solder, who suffered a head injury last week against Miami and has been listed on this week’s injury report with a concussion, has only missed Wednesday’s practice this week. Solder has been diagnosed with concussion symptoms in the last two games, coming out of the game against Cleveland on Dec. 8.
In a positive sign for a pair of rookie receivers, Aaron Dobson (left foot) and Kenbrell Thompkins (hip) participated in practice again Friday and could be ready to go Sunday against the Ravens. Thompkins has missed the last two games while Dobson was hurt in the Broncos game Nov. 24 and has missed the last three games.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...