Patriots practice Friday: Josh Boyce (ankle) only player missing
|12.20.13 at 10:54 am ET|
FOXBORO — For the second straight day, rookie receiver Josh Boyce was the only player missing from sweats and shells practice on the lower grass fields as the Patriots finished their on-field preparations for the Ravens this Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.
Boyce injured his ankle during a 15-yard kickoff return in the fourth quarter of last Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins. Boyce has missed all three practices this week and is likely to sit out Sunday’s game in Baltimore.
In a possible sign that he is ready to play again Sunday, left tackle Nate Solder attended his second straight practice on Friday.
Solder, who suffered a head injury last week against Miami and has been listed on this week’s injury report with a concussion, has only missed Wednesday’s practice this week. Solder has been diagnosed with concussion symptoms in the last two games, coming out of the game against Cleveland on Dec. 8.
In a positive sign for a pair of rookie receivers, Aaron Dobson (left foot) and Kenbrell Thompkins (hip) participated in practice again Friday and could be ready to go Sunday against the Ravens. Thompkins has missed the last two games while Dobson was hurt in the Broncos game Nov. 24 and has missed the last three games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...