Logan Mankins really loves to stick it to so-called ‘experts’
|12.22.13 at 10:24 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — The smile on his face said it all.
In the afterglow of a 41-7 romp over the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens, Logan Mankins was asked if he thought the Patriots and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels proved a point with their physical, pounding running game on Sunday.
“When he called the runs, we did a good job of encouraging him to keep calling them,” Mankins said of McDaniels. “If you go out there and get stuffed on the line of scrimmage every time, it’s hard for him to call it again. But if you’re productive, then it makes it easy for him to keep calling it.”
The Patriots ran the ball 34 times for 142 yards – a 4.2 yards per carry average. They passed just 26 times. Mankins started his first game of the season at left tackle in place of Nate Solder and contained Terrell Suggs all day.
“Well, the experts, I know they always have all the answers,” Mankins beamed. “They really had them when they picked the winner of this game. So, when they don’t mention us as physical I always say, ‘Just go ask the guy that lines up from us if we’re physical.'”
2015 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2015 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez Double Homicide Trial: Latest Details, Date, Witnesses...
- Impact Meter for Patriots' Rookie Class
- Patriots Show Confidence in Current Depth Chart at CB
- Aggregating Pariots' Draft Report Card Grades
- Patriots' Biggest Strengths, Weaknesses After Draft
- Good, Bad and Baffling of Pats' Draft
- Patriots NFL Draft Wrap-Up and Analysis