Patriots practice Friday: Rob Ninkovich present, Devin McCourty (concussion), Josh Boyce (ankle) miss again
|12.27.13 at 10:46 am ET|
FOXBORO — After much debate and conflicting reports, it was confirmed Friday that linebacker Rob Ninkovich did attend practice. He told reporters he’ll be ready to play Sunday in Buffalo.
“I haven’t missed a practice all season,” said Ninkovich, who had an ice pack on his left ankle in the locker room after practice.
Asked if he’ll be ready to play in the season finale, Ninkovich said, “I’ll be all right.”
The Patriots practiced in sweats and shells on a frigid Friday morning on the lower grass fields.
Ninkovich didn’t appear to injure himself during Sunday’s win in Baltimore but appeared on Thursday’s injury report as limited with an ankle injury, opening the door to the possibility that he was injured during Thursday’s practice. He was not spotted by most reporters in the team’s stretching drills in the first 10 minutes of practice open to the media. However, TV cameras spotted him late in practice and he did participate.
Practice squad running back Cierre Wood was not spotted and was released before practice while rookie running back Sam McGuffie was signed to the practice squad to take his place, wearing jersey No. 39.
McCourty suffered a concussion in the third quarter of Sunday’s win over the Ravens when he went low, trying to make a tackle on Baltimore Ravens tight end Ed Dickson.
Boyce missed the game on Sunday altogether with an ankle injury suffered on a kickoff return in the fourth quarter of the loss in Miami on Dec. 15.
Neither player is expected to suit up for Sunday’s game after missing Tuesday’s walkthrough and practice on Thursday and Friday.
With a win in the regular season finale, the Patriots would improve to 12-4 and clinch a first-round bye in the upcoming AFC playoffs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...