Jets owner Woody Johnson retains Rex Ryan in emotional postgame locker room
|12.30.13 at 11:11 am ET|
Jets owner Woody Johnson, in the aftermath of his team’s season-ending 20-7 win over the Dolphins that yielded an 8-8 record for the season, informed members of the Jets that Rex Ryan would be retained as the team’s head coach for the 2014 season.
“I am so proud of this team,” Johnson told Jets players. “You gave it everything you had every play. You play hard for this coach. That’s why we’ve elected to keep Rex.”
Upon the announcement, players exploded in celebration with Ryan. For video of the festivities, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video