Aqib Talib on Pats secondary: ‘I think we can play a lot better’
|01.01.14 at 8:03 pm ET|
Talib knows that a secondary that’s been playing very well together just got its quarterback back. Combine that with a hip that Talib says is feeling better every day, and there’s reason to think this bye could go a long way to proving very useful to the Patriots and their secondary.
‘I think we’re playing well, but I think we can get a lot better,” Talib said. “We can get a lot better. We really break down the tape, so we see a lot more than you all. I don’t know if you all break down the tape, but we see a little bit more than you all see. We’ve got a lot of work to do. We can get a lot better.
‘It’s collectively. Of course individually, but we just can get a lot better.’
What are the specific areas that the pass defense needs to improve?
‘Being in the right spot,” Talib added. “The way we do things, there’s a certain way you want to play Cover-2 of man and stuff like that. So, being in the right spot, the correct depth on zone drops, stuff like that.
‘We’re going out there, practicing against each other and working on technique stuff; staying in shape, a lot of technique-work.’
While resting his hip and taking it easy this weekend, will Talib watch the playoff games and his next opponent?
‘Sure, I’m a fan,” Talib said. “I’m a football fan, I’m tuned in.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie