Patriots place linebacker Brandon Spikes on season-ending injured reserve
|01.06.14 at 4:35 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Monday they have placed linebacker Brandon Spikes on season-ending injured reserve with a knee injury.
Spikes, 26, is in his fourth NFL season after joining the Patriots as a second-round draft pick (62nd overall) out of Florida in the 2010 NFL Draft. Spikes played in all 16 games with 12 starts in the regular season and finished with 134 total tackles.
The 6-foot-2, 255-pounder has played in 51 games with 40 starts during his NFL career and has registered 384 total tackles. He has also played in six postseason games with five starts and accumulated 45 total tackles.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...