Patriots place linebacker Brandon Spikes on season-ending injured reserve
|01.06.14 at 4:35 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Monday they have placed linebacker Brandon Spikes on season-ending injured reserve with a knee injury.
Spikes, 26, is in his fourth NFL season after joining the Patriots as a second-round draft pick (62nd overall) out of Florida in the 2010 NFL Draft. Spikes played in all 16 games with 12 starts in the regular season and finished with 134 total tackles.
The 6-foot-2, 255-pounder has played in 51 games with 40 starts during his NFL career and has registered 384 total tackles. He has also played in six postseason games with five starts and accumulated 45 total tackles.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL