Patriots practice Tuesday: Logan Mankins (ankle), Alfonzo Dennard (knee) return, Aaron Dobson (foot) not spotted
|01.07.14 at 11:37 am ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots escaped the frigid temperatures outdoors and moved practice inside Dana Farber Field House Tuesday morning as they began on-field preparations for Andrew Luck and the Colts this Saturday night in an AFC divisional playoff at Gillette Stadium.
Logan Mankins, who injured his ankle in the season finale against the Bills on Dec. 29, was back on the practice field as was cornerback Alfonzo Dennard. Mankins played in all 16 games this season while Dennard missed three games, including the season finale with a knee injury.
Rookie receiver Aaron Dobson, who re-injured his left foot in the Dec. 29 win over the Bills, was the only player not spotted.
A new receiver was on the field wearing No. 84. The player was later identified in the locker room as Reggie Dunn, the former Utah Utes speedster that set an NCAA record in 2012 by returning four kickoffs for touchdowns.
The Patriots were originally going to practice outside but moved practice indoors to the Dana Farber Field House due to the sub-zero wind chills in Foxboro.
A warming trend is expected to hit New England by Saturday, with an early forecast calling for the chance of rain and temperatures in the low-to-mid 40s for the 8:15 p.m. kickoff.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense