Bill Belichick isn’t buying ‘way overrated’ intel impact of Indianpolis Colts WR Deion Branch
|01.08.14 at 11:38 am ET|
The Colts signed Branch on Monday and the natural question was raised: Could Branch, who played several stints in New England, provide valuable Patriots-based information that helps in game planning?
“I think that’s way overrated,’ Belichick said. “A lot of time the information in those situations is misinformation, because things have changed from whenever that person [played for the opposing team]. I’m not saying that in any particular circumstance, I’m just saying in general, a lot of times a player who has been with another team tells you, ‘This is what they do, this is their call, this is this, this is that,’ and then it turns out that’s really not what it is.
“So, honestly, we have enough trouble doing all the things we do and getting them right and getting everybody to do them well. I’m sure they have the same thing with the amount of volume that you have in your different systems, and the amount of volume that you face on the other side of the ball. To be able to not only know everything you’re doing but also be able to figure out everything they’re doing, it’s pretty overrated.”
In baseball, they change the signs. In Foxboro, will Belichick do the same?
“We’ll do whatever we think is best,” Belichick said.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...