Bill Belichick isn’t buying ‘way overrated’ intel impact of Indianpolis Colts WR Deion Branch
|01.08.14 at 11:38 am ET|
The Colts signed Branch on Monday and the natural question was raised: Could Branch, who played several stints in New England, provide valuable Patriots-based information that helps in game planning?
“I think that’s way overrated,’ Belichick said. “A lot of time the information in those situations is misinformation, because things have changed from whenever that person [played for the opposing team]. I’m not saying that in any particular circumstance, I’m just saying in general, a lot of times a player who has been with another team tells you, ‘This is what they do, this is their call, this is this, this is that,’ and then it turns out that’s really not what it is.
“So, honestly, we have enough trouble doing all the things we do and getting them right and getting everybody to do them well. I’m sure they have the same thing with the amount of volume that you have in your different systems, and the amount of volume that you face on the other side of the ball. To be able to not only know everything you’re doing but also be able to figure out everything they’re doing, it’s pretty overrated.”
In baseball, they change the signs. In Foxboro, will Belichick do the same?
“We’ll do whatever we think is best,” Belichick said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL