Inactive analysis: No surprises when it comes to downgraded players for Satutday’s game
|01.11.14 at 6:58 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The following players were listed as inactive for the Patriots for Saturday’s game against the Colts: offensive lineman Chris Barker, wide receiver Aaron Dobson, tight end DJ Williams, defensive end Jake Bequette, defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga, defensive back Justin Green and linebacker Steve Beauharnais. Here’s who will be most affected by the inactives:
On offense, Barker is a rookie lineman out of Nevada who has played in four games this season, but with the recent improvement in the health along the offensive line, he’s been left out as a healthy scratch. The same is likely the case for Williams, as tight ends Matthew Mulligan and Michael Hoomanawanui are as healthy as possible for Saturday’s contest. Dobson was downgraded to out on Friday, and in his place, expect a heavier workload for rookie Kenbrell Thompkins.
Sopoaga, Bequette, Beauharnais and Green are all healthy scratches on the defensive side of the ball. Sealver Siliga has emerged as more of a presence at defensive tackle as of late, which has left Sopoaga expendable as a game-day option. The same applies to Bequette, as he has clearly been supplanted by Andre Carter and Michael Buchanan as the leading options as backup defensive ends. Meanwhile, Beauharnais and Green have been inactive more than active over the course of the regular season, so it’s no surprise they have been officially deactivated for Saturday’s playoff game.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick