Inactive analysis: No surprises when it comes to downgraded players for Satutday’s game
|01.11.14 at 6:58 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The following players were listed as inactive for the Patriots for Saturday’s game against the Colts: offensive lineman Chris Barker, wide receiver Aaron Dobson, tight end DJ Williams, defensive end Jake Bequette, defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga, defensive back Justin Green and linebacker Steve Beauharnais. Here’s who will be most affected by the inactives:
On offense, Barker is a rookie lineman out of Nevada who has played in four games this season, but with the recent improvement in the health along the offensive line, he’s been left out as a healthy scratch. The same is likely the case for Williams, as tight ends Matthew Mulligan and Michael Hoomanawanui are as healthy as possible for Saturday’s contest. Dobson was downgraded to out on Friday, and in his place, expect a heavier workload for rookie Kenbrell Thompkins.
Sopoaga, Bequette, Beauharnais and Green are all healthy scratches on the defensive side of the ball. Sealver Siliga has emerged as more of a presence at defensive tackle as of late, which has left Sopoaga expendable as a game-day option. The same applies to Bequette, as he has clearly been supplanted by Andre Carter and Michael Buchanan as the leading options as backup defensive ends. Meanwhile, Beauharnais and Green have been inactive more than active over the course of the regular season, so it’s no surprise they have been officially deactivated for Saturday’s playoff game.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied