Broncos CB Chris Harris reportedly has season-ending torn ACL
|01.13.14 at 1:08 pm ET|
According to multiple reports out of Denver, an MRI on the knee of starting cornerback Chris Harris revealed a torn ACL that will sideline him for the rest of the postseason, including Sunday’s AFC championship game against the Patriots.
Harris left Sunday’s win over the Chargers in the third quarter with that the team described as knee and ankle injuries. After Harris departed, San Diego mounted a comeback with 17 fourth-quarter points.
Harris, who joined the Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2011 out of Kansas, played more defensive snaps than any other Bronco this season and led the team with three interceptions. He becomes a restricted free agent after the season.
The injury comes three weeks after Denver another key starter to a torn ACL in linebacker Von Miller.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick