Bill Belichick: ‘Possibility’ Patriots could travel to Denver on Friday
|01.14.14 at 3:59 pm ET|
In a conference call with reporters Tuesday afternoon, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said that the team could travel to Denver Friday instead of Saturday for this weekend’s AFC title game.
“Yeah, it’s a possibility,” Belichick said. “We’re working out our arrangements for the week here now.”
In the past, when faced with a trip to the West Coast, the Patriots have departed early. The time change adds an interesting wrinkle to this game — it will mark only the second game this year the Patriots will have played outside of the eastern time zone.
Belichick also addressed a handful of other topics in his Q&A with the media, including the health of punter Ryan Allen. The rookie left Saturday’s divisional playoff game against the Colts because of an injury, and Stephen Gostkowski worked in relief of Allen. Belichick said they would have an update on Allen when the Wednesday practice report is released, but added that signing a punter on Friday and having him work Sunday is a possibility, as well as the chance that Gostkowski could work as the punter again against the Broncos.
“Sure, both those things are possible,” Belichick said.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury
- Pats' 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces Tough Challenge