Denver Broncos cautioning fans looking for tickets to Sunday’s AFC championship against Patriots
|01.14.14 at 3:29 pm ET|
On Monday, there was word that it would be very hard for Patriots fans living in New England to acquire tickets to the AFC championship in Denver because of a team policy.
Now, the Broncos are warning those same fans to be careful not to get duped into buying counterfeit tickets.
The Broncos Tuesday urged fans to be wary of counterfeit tickets that can make their way through secondary markets and take appropriate measures to ensure the authenticity of their purchases.
“Only tickets acquired from team-associated outlets, including the Sports Authority Field at Mile High ticket office and Ticketmaster/Ticket Exchange, can be fully validated by the club and the NFL,” the team said in a statement.
‘We want fans to be fully aware of the risks involved with buying tickets in the secondary market while remaining assured that tickets purchased through the ticket office, Ticketmaster or NFL Ticket Exchange are 100 percent authentic,’ Broncos Senior Vice President of Business Development Mac Freeman said.
Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the Patriots kicks off at 3:05 p.m. ET at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick