Aqib Talib on Marquice Cole: ‘Cash that check, baby’
|01.15.14 at 8:28 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Aqib Talib is happy for ex-teammate Marquice Cole.
Cole, who signed with the Broncos Tuesday after spending nearly two seasons with the Patriots, was still a popular player in the Patriots locker room on Wednesday despite the fact that he’ll be on the opposing sideline for Sunday’s AFC title game, and especially with Talib.
‘That’s my dog,’ Talib said of the 30-year-old Cole, who has played 64 career games and totaled 36 tackles with four interceptions and 14 pass breakups to go with 51 special-teams stops.
Cole was cut by the Patriots and out of the game for a couple of weeks before the Broncos picked him up Tuesday. While a few fans harassed Cole on Twitter for the decision, Talib said it was OK with him.
“Cash that check, baby,” he said with a smile when asked about Cole. “Got to pay the bills, man.’
Talib said he wasn’t worried about Cole potentially divulging any secrets to the Broncos.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick