Aqib Talib on Marquice Cole: ‘Cash that check, baby’
|01.15.14 at 8:28 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Aqib Talib is happy for ex-teammate Marquice Cole.
Cole, who signed with the Broncos Tuesday after spending nearly two seasons with the Patriots, was still a popular player in the Patriots locker room on Wednesday despite the fact that he’ll be on the opposing sideline for Sunday’s AFC title game, and especially with Talib.
‘That’s my dog,’ Talib said of the 30-year-old Cole, who has played 64 career games and totaled 36 tackles with four interceptions and 14 pass breakups to go with 51 special-teams stops.
Cole was cut by the Patriots and out of the game for a couple of weeks before the Broncos picked him up Tuesday. While a few fans harassed Cole on Twitter for the decision, Talib said it was OK with him.
“Cash that check, baby,” he said with a smile when asked about Cole. “Got to pay the bills, man.’
Talib said he wasn’t worried about Cole potentially divulging any secrets to the Broncos.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...