Patriots injury report Wednesday: Tom Brady, Danny Aiken miss with illness
|01.15.14 at 4:24 pm ET|
Coach Bill Belichick would not elaborate on Brady’s absence.
“We’ll talk about that when [injury report] comes out,” said Belichick, who doesn’t speak again until Friday morning. “We’re not going through it player by player. I’m not doing that. I know we’d love that, but I’m not doing that.”
Belichick did show a lighter side moments later when asked if he’s ever been surprised by anything Brady does.
“This morning,” Belichick quipped, referring apparently to his departure from the team’s complex to go home and get better.
Also missing due to illness was long snapper Danny Aiken.
Ryan Allen was back on the practice field after an MRI on his right shoulder on Sunday afternoon. Allen injured the shoulder Saturday night in the win over the Colts and did not punt in the second half. He was also replaced by Brady as the team’s holder on a pair of extra points for Stephen Gostkowski.
Also new to the report this week was an ankle injury that limited linebacker Dont’a Hightower.
Here is Wednesday’s complete report:
Did Not Practice
QB Tom Brady (shoulder/illness)
LS Danny Aiken (illness)
P Ryan Allen (shoulder)
WR Danny Amendola (groin)
CB Kyle Arrington (groin)
CB Alfonzo Dennard (knee/shoulder)
LB Dane Fletcher (groin)
LB Dont’a Hightower (ankle)
OL Logan Mankins (ankle)
OT Will Svitek (ankle)
WR Kenbrell Thompkins (hip)
RB Shane Vereen (groin)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL