Patriots practice Wednesday: Tom Brady, long snapper Danny Aiken not spotted, Aaron Dobson, Ryan Allen in uniform
|01.15.14 at 11:25 am ET|
FOXBORO — Tom Brady and Danny Aiken were the only two players not spotted at Patriots practice Wednesday as the team hit the lower grass fields in sweats and shells in preparation for the Broncos Sunday in Denver.
Brady, of course, came on in the second half and replaced punter Ryan Allen as the holder for Stephen Gostkowski kicks after the punter injured his right shoulder on a botched Aiken snap in the second quarter. Wednesday’s absence leaves open the obvious possibility that Brady and Aiken were somewhere else on the complex working on long snapping.
But there is the possibility that Brady’s holding skills won’t even be needed Sunday as Allen was in uniform Wednesday on the practice field taking part in activities. Allen reportedly injured the AC joint in his right shoulder and had an MRI on Sunday afternoon.
A medical source tells WEEI.com that a normal recovery time for such an injury is two weeks but that a punter or kicker could play with the injury if it is not severe in nature. A position player would likely be out of game action for the rest of the playoffs.
The other significant development Wednesday was the return of rookie receiver Aaron Dobson who returned to practice for the first time since injuring his foot against the Bills in the season finale.
The Patriots will practice again on Thursday and Friday before leaving for Denver, which could happen Friday afternoon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied