Peyton Manning says Bill Belichick will ‘go down as the greatest coach of all time’
|01.15.14 at 10:28 pm ET|
The Broncos signal caller returned the favor on Wednesday.
Much has been made of Manning’s 14-game series with Tom Brady, a series Brady leads 10-4. But Manning and Belichick have an even longer rivalry. Since 2000, Belichick has faced Manning 17 times, with the New England coach leading that series 11-6. The 11 wins is the most by any coach to have ever game-planned against the future hall of famer.
Manning said that record, and history, makes Belichick the “best coach” he’s ever competed against.
“He’ll go down as the greatest coach of all time,” Manning added.
Belichick said Wednesday that he’s not just preparing for Manning but the entire team.
“We prepare for the Denver Broncos‘ entire football team. Obviously Manning is a great quarterback,” Belichick said. “There’s no question about that. But the Broncos are a good football team. They’re good on defense, they’re good in the kicking game, they have a good running game, they have a lot of good receivers, a lot of good offensive linemen.
“We have to prepare for the entire team. Peyton certainly is a key guy in it; the offense runs through him, but we have to do a good job on everybody. He’s as good as we’re going to face ‘ as good as we have faced. It will be a big challenge for us. I think our defensive football team realizes that and we’ll be out there Sunday to do our very best at defending not only him, but the other 10 guys that are out there with him. They’re all pretty good too. Big challenge, we’re looking forward to it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL