Peyton Manning says Bill Belichick will ‘go down as the greatest coach of all time’
|01.15.14 at 10:28 pm ET|
The Broncos signal caller returned the favor on Wednesday.
Much has been made of Manning’s 14-game series with Tom Brady, a series Brady leads 10-4. But Manning and Belichick have an even longer rivalry. Since 2000, Belichick has faced Manning 17 times, with the New England coach leading that series 11-6. The 11 wins is the most by any coach to have ever game-planned against the future hall of famer.
Manning said that record, and history, makes Belichick the “best coach” he’s ever competed against.
“He’ll go down as the greatest coach of all time,” Manning added.
Belichick said Wednesday that he’s not just preparing for Manning but the entire team.
“We prepare for the Denver Broncos‘ entire football team. Obviously Manning is a great quarterback,” Belichick said. “There’s no question about that. But the Broncos are a good football team. They’re good on defense, they’re good in the kicking game, they have a good running game, they have a lot of good receivers, a lot of good offensive linemen.
“We have to prepare for the entire team. Peyton certainly is a key guy in it; the offense runs through him, but we have to do a good job on everybody. He’s as good as we’re going to face ‘ as good as we have faced. It will be a big challenge for us. I think our defensive football team realizes that and we’ll be out there Sunday to do our very best at defending not only him, but the other 10 guys that are out there with him. They’re all pretty good too. Big challenge, we’re looking forward to it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video