Poll: Do you prefer Wes Welker, Danny Amendola or Julian Edelman?
|01.15.14 at 1:35 pm ET|
The Patriots allowed Wes Welker to leave as a free agent last offseason, and he headed off to Denver to join Peyton Manning and become a part of the most prolific offense in NFL history. In 13 games — he missed the final three following his second concussion of the season — Welker had 73 receptions for 778 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Danny Amendola arrived in New England and battled through injuries to help the Patriots overcome the loss of their top five pass-catchers from last season. Amendola played in 12 games and had 54 catches for 633 yards and two touchdowns.
Julian Edelman managed to avoid the injury bug and become the Patriots’ most reliable receiver in 2013. Playing all 16 games, Edelman had 105 catches for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns.
All three will be on the field for Sunday’s AFC championship game in Denver. If you had to choose, which one player would you want the most on your team for this game?
Which receiver would you want on your team the most?
- Julian Edelman (67%, 395 Votes)
- Wes Welker (26%, 155 Votes)
- Danny Amendola (7%, 39 Votes)
Total Voters: 589
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL