More documents emerge showing police suspicions that Aaron Hernandez may have been shooter in 2012 double homicide
|01.16.14 at 12:11 pm ET|
More details have emerged regarding investigators’ suspicions about Aaron Hernandez‘s involvement in a 2012 double homicide in Boston, and the court documents indicate police have been zeroing in on the former Patriots tight end.
“There is also probable cause to believe that Aaron Hernandez was operating the suspect vehicle used in the shooting homicides of Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado, and may have been the shooter,” a detective wrote in a search warrant affidavit filed in late June.
The warrant allowed investigators to examine a Toyota 4Runner that was parked in Hernandez’s uncle’s garage in Bristol, Conn.
Hernandez remains imprisoned while awaiting trial for the murder of Odin Lloyd along with weapons charges. Police already were curious about a possible connection between the two murders when they received a tip that the same individual was involved.
Upon checking surveillance video, police spotted Hernandez at the Cure Lounge at the same time as the two victims, and they have video of what appears to be the 4Runner circling the block as the victims walked to their car upon leaving the club. Shortly thereafter, the men were murdered a few blocks away when a vehicle matching that description pulled up and the shooter got out and fired.
Three other men were in the back seat of the car and survived the shooting.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position-by-Position Breakdown of New England Patriots' Top Combine...
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible