Patriots practice Thursday: Tom Brady, Danny Aiken return to practice as Patriots have perfect attendance
|01.16.14 at 11:09 am ET|
Brady missed Wednesday’s practice, his first this season, with an illness and left the facility after team meetings Wednesday morning.
This isn’t the first time Brady has missed practice or dealt with serious illness in the postseason. In Jan. 2005, Brady had to receive intravenous fluids after a fever spiked to 102 degrees the night before he beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh, 41-27.
Brady also missed practice the Wednesday before the AFC championship in Jan. 2012. After missing his media obligation on Wednesday, Brady will speak in a press conference at 12:45 p.m. Thursday and again on Friday.
Also returning to practice Thursday was long snapper Danny Aiken, who was also out sick on Wednesday.
Thursday’s perfect attendance was the first of the playoffs as rookie receiver Aaron Dobson was again in attendance.
The Patriots will practice again on Friday before leaving later that day for Denver. The AFC championship between the Patriots and Broncos is set for 3 p.m. ET Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Gronkowski, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- Pats' Notes from Week 1 of Training Camp
- Pats Closing in on Solidifying Starting O-Line
- Predicting Patriots' 1st Wave of Roster Cuts
- Top Position Battle to Watch at Pats Camp
- Judge Sets Brady's Court Date for Aug. 12
- Why Dobson Has Everything to Prove in Patriots Camp