Stevan Ridley docked $5,250 for wearing red shoes
|01.17.14 at 6:08 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Before leaving on a cross-country trip to play in the AFC championship game, running back Stevan Ridley was informed by the NFL that his decision to wear red shoes in last Saturday’s 43-22 win over the Colts resulted in a fine of $5,250.
If wearing red shoes results in running for a pair of touchdowns in the playoffs, Ridley would likely gladly pay the fine every week.
But there’s another angle at play. Brandon Spikes was placed on season-ending injured reserve the Monday before the playoff game against the Colts, allegedly in part because he was late for a team meeting the previous Friday. Spikes was fined over $18,000 over two games for wearing his red cleats.
The NFL uniform code prohibits players from wearing cleats of a different color than the rest of his team.
The late L.C. Greenwood, with his gold-colored high heels, would stand up and applaud both Spikes and Ridley.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE