Knee injury will force Aqib Talib to skip Pro Bowl
|01.20.14 at 9:43 pm ET|
Talib suffered a knee injury in the first half of Sunday’s loss to the Broncos, and as a result, won’t get to make the trip to Hawaii. It was the first Pro Bowl invite for the 27-year-old, who finished the season with four picks.
The play on which the injury occurred has become a flashpoint, as New England coach Bill Belichick argued that Denver wide receiver Wes Welker made one of the “worst plays” he had ever seen when he deliberately crashed into Talib.
“It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open,” Belichick said. “I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play, whatever they decide. It’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen. That’s all I’ll say about that.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal