Patriots sign DL Marcus Forston to future contract
|01.21.14 at 9:05 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday they have signed defensive lineman Marcus Forston to a future contract. Forston finished the 2013 season on the New England practice squad.
Forston, 23, was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Miami on May 10, 2012. The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder made the 53-man roster right out of camp, but was released early in the season and brought back to the practice squad where he spent the majority of the season. He eventually re-joined the 53-man roster prior to last season’s AFC Championship Game. Forston spent the majority of the 2013 season on the practice squad. He was signed to the 53-man roster in October and played in three games before being released and re-signed to the practice squad.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return