Patriots sign DL Marcus Forston to future contract
|01.21.14 at 9:05 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday they have signed defensive lineman Marcus Forston to a future contract. Forston finished the 2013 season on the New England practice squad.
Forston, 23, was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Miami on May 10, 2012. The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder made the 53-man roster right out of camp, but was released early in the season and brought back to the practice squad where he spent the majority of the season. He eventually re-joined the 53-man roster prior to last season’s AFC Championship Game. Forston spent the majority of the 2013 season on the practice squad. He was signed to the 53-man roster in October and played in three games before being released and re-signed to the practice squad.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...