Tom Brady out of Pro Bowl, replaced by Chiefs QB Alex Smith
|01.21.14 at 11:03 am ET|
One day after telling Dennis & Callahan in his weekly Patriots Monday interview that he was interested in playing in the Pro Bowl, Tom Brady was replaced by Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith.
Brady, who reportedly played with ligament damage in his throwing hand this season, told D&C: “I’d love to be able to go. We’ll see. … I’ve got to kind of figure out what’s going on here in Foxboro. There’s a lot of things to talk about with our coaches. And then we’ll go from there.”
Smith had a career year, completing 308-of-508 passes for 3,313 yards with 23 touchdowns and seven interceptions. His inclusion gives Kansas City a league-high 10 Pro Bowlers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...