Tom Brady out of Pro Bowl, replaced by Chiefs QB Alex Smith
|01.21.14 at 11:03 am ET|
One day after telling Dennis & Callahan in his weekly Patriots Monday interview that he was interested in playing in the Pro Bowl, Tom Brady was replaced by Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith.
Brady, who reportedly played with ligament damage in his throwing hand this season, told D&C: “I’d love to be able to go. We’ll see. … I’ve got to kind of figure out what’s going on here in Foxboro. There’s a lot of things to talk about with our coaches. And then we’ll go from there.”
Smith had a career year, completing 308-of-508 passes for 3,313 yards with 23 touchdowns and seven interceptions. His inclusion gives Kansas City a league-high 10 Pro Bowlers.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...