Tom Brady out of Pro Bowl, replaced by Chiefs QB Alex Smith
|01.21.14 at 11:03 am ET|
One day after telling Dennis & Callahan in his weekly Patriots Monday interview that he was interested in playing in the Pro Bowl, Tom Brady was replaced by Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith.
Brady, who reportedly played with ligament damage in his throwing hand this season, told D&C: “I’d love to be able to go. We’ll see. … I’ve got to kind of figure out what’s going on here in Foxboro. There’s a lot of things to talk about with our coaches. And then we’ll go from there.”
Smith had a career year, completing 308-of-508 passes for 3,313 yards with 23 touchdowns and seven interceptions. His inclusion gives Kansas City a league-high 10 Pro Bowlers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Reasonable Expectations for New England Patriots DE Geneo...
- Patriots Storylines Ahead of Training Camp
- Predicting Pats' Training-Camp Standouts
- Looks Like Belichick Updated His Boat
- Report: NFL Thinks Brady Will Take Deal
- Expectations for Pats Safety Jordan Richards
- Brady Tops NFLPA Player Sales List