Bill Belichick doesn’t think cornerback Aqib Talib will need surgery
|01.22.14 at 6:04 pm ET|
Speaking with WEEI’s Salk & Holley on Wednesday afternoon, the coach said that Talib — who went down after colliding with Denver receiver Wes Welker in the first half — will not have to go under the knife. For audio of the interview, visit the Salk & Holley audio on demand page.
“I don’t think we’re talking about an injury that would be of that kind of significance,” Belichick said.
Meanwhile, NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino told NFL Network Wednesday afternoon that there was no penalty called on Welker because, “under the current rules, this is a legal play.” On Monday, Belichick was highly critical of what happened in the contest, saying Welker’s maneuver was “one of the worst plays I’ve ever seen.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick