Bill Belichick on Salk & Holley regarding Wes Welker incident: ‘We’re done with that’
|01.22.14 at 5:31 pm ET|
Speaking on the Salk & Holley Show (via phone from the Senior Bowl in Alabama), Patriots coach Bill Belichick chose not to address anything related to the controversial pick play by Denver receiver Wes Welker on Aqib Talib during the Pats‘ AFC championship game loss Sunday. To hear the interview, visit the Salk & Holley audio on demand page.
“We’re done with that,” he said. “Again, I congratulate Denver. I don’t want to take anything away from them. … I don’t have anything else to say about that.”
Belichick said to the best of his knowledge, Talib wouldn’t need surgery for the injury sustained to his knee on the Welker play.
Belichick did start the interview by once again relaying a frustration regarding his coaching performance in the loss, singling out the decision to go for it on fourth-and-3 instead of attempting a 46-yard field goal late in the third quarter.
“I don’t know if that was the right decision,” he said.
Check back for more from the Belichick interview.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction