Following the flags: Tracking Patriots penalties for 2013 postseason
|01.22.14 at 3:32 pm ET|
During the 2013 postseason, the Patriots were flagged for 6 penalties for a total of 50 yards. Here’s a breakdown of the calls that went against New England, not including penalties that were declined or offset:
Most penalized players, listed by total flags and with total yardage lost:
S Tavon Wilson: one penalty (illegal block above the waist–special teams), 10 yards
ST/WR Matthew Slater: one penalty (illegal block above the waist–special teams), 10 yards
LB Ja’Gared Davis: one penalty (illegal block above the waist–special teams), 10 yards
TE Michael Hoomanawanui (offensive pass interference), 10 yards
P Ryan Allen: one penalty (delay of game–special teams), 5 yards
CB Logan Ryan: one penalty (defensive holding), 5 yards
Most penalized by position:
Safety: 10 yards
Special teamer/wide receiver: 10 yards
Linebacker: 10 yards
Tight end: 10 yards
Punter: 5 yards
Cornerback: 5 yards
Most frequently called penalties
Illegal block above the waist: 3
Offensive pass interference: 1
Delay of game: 1
Defensive holding: 1
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?