Following the flags: Tracking Patriots penalties for 2013 postseason
|01.22.14 at 3:32 pm ET|
During the 2013 postseason, the Patriots were flagged for 6 penalties for a total of 50 yards. Here’s a breakdown of the calls that went against New England, not including penalties that were declined or offset:
Most penalized players, listed by total flags and with total yardage lost:
S Tavon Wilson: one penalty (illegal block above the waist–special teams), 10 yards
ST/WR Matthew Slater: one penalty (illegal block above the waist–special teams), 10 yards
LB Ja’Gared Davis: one penalty (illegal block above the waist–special teams), 10 yards
TE Michael Hoomanawanui (offensive pass interference), 10 yards
P Ryan Allen: one penalty (delay of game–special teams), 5 yards
CB Logan Ryan: one penalty (defensive holding), 5 yards
Most penalized by position:
Safety: 10 yards
Special teamer/wide receiver: 10 yards
Linebacker: 10 yards
Tight end: 10 yards
Punter: 5 yards
Cornerback: 5 yards
Most frequently called penalties
Illegal block above the waist: 3
Offensive pass interference: 1
Delay of game: 1
Defensive holding: 1
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...