Report: Josh McDaniels possibly back in play as candidate for Browns head coaching job
|01.22.14 at 11:43 pm ET|
The same week the Patriots lost offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia and linebackers coach Pepper Johnson, a new report indicates that the Browns have a renewed interest in hiring New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels for their vacant head coaching job.
Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com reported Wednesday night McDaniels and the Browns have had “more conversations,” and that McDaniels is “possibly back in the mix” for the position.
McDaniels acknowledged earlier this month that he was interviewed for the Cleveland opening but publicly bowed out of consideration, saying that he was going to stick with the Patriots.
“I’ll definitely be here,” McDaniels said on Jan. 14. “I think all it means is that, you know, I made the decision that this is the right time for me to be here. I’m really happy here. … I’ve said that numerous times. There’s not really much else to it. I don’t think it’s … you know, it’s a process you go through sometimes and you ultimately have to make choices based on what’s best for you and your family. That’s what I try to do.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?