Browns hire Bills DC Mike Pettine, which means Josh McDaniels will stick with Patriots
|01.23.14 at 4:03 pm ET|
The Browns officially named Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine on Thursday, which puts an end to the possibility — at least for now — that Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels will leave New England.
McDaniels was interviewed for the job earlier this month, but turned down Cleveland. However, news over the last few days indicated that after being spurned by several other parties, the Browns had refocused their attention on McDaniels. That was apparently put to rest of Thursday when Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam announced the hiring of Pettine.
New England had already lost three coaches since its loss in the AFC title game, as offensive line coach Dante Scarneccha, linebackers coach Pepper Johnson and tight ends coach George Godsey have all announced they will leave the organization.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...