Browns hire Bills DC Mike Pettine, which means Josh McDaniels will stick with Patriots
|01.23.14 at 4:03 pm ET|
The Browns officially named Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine on Thursday, which puts an end to the possibility — at least for now — that Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels will leave New England.
McDaniels was interviewed for the job earlier this month, but turned down Cleveland. However, news over the last few days indicated that after being spurned by several other parties, the Browns had refocused their attention on McDaniels. That was apparently put to rest of Thursday when Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam announced the hiring of Pettine.
New England had already lost three coaches since its loss in the AFC title game, as offensive line coach Dante Scarneccha, linebackers coach Pepper Johnson and tight ends coach George Godsey have all announced they will leave the organization.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...