Patriots personnel chief Nick Caserio interviews for Dolphins GM job
|01.24.14 at 12:14 pm ET|
Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio is in Miami Friday and will interview for the Dolphins GM job, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Caserio, 38, has been with the Patriots since 2001 in various capacities, including as a personnel assistant, coaching assistant, area scout, wide receivers coach and personnel chief.
Several other names have been mentioned in connection with the Miami position that came open when Jeff Ireland was fired following a tumultuous season. According to multiple reports, the list of candidates include Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine, Titans VP of player personnel Lake Dawson and Buccaneers director of player personnel Dennis Hickey. Browns assistant GM Ray Farmer withdrew from consideration Thursday, reportedly because he had concerns about the team’s power structure.
Caserio’s departure would represent another offseason loss for the Patriots. Dante Scarnecchia (offensive line coach), Pepper Johnson (linebackers coach) and George Godsey (tight ends coach) already left the franchise in the week following New England’s loss to the Broncos in the AFC title game.
UPDATE: The Dolphins have confirmed via Twitter that Caserio has completed an interview with the organization.
The team has completed an interview with Nick Caserio, Director of Player Personnel, New England, for the open position of general manager.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know