Reports: After interviewing for Dolphins GM job, Nick Caserio will stick with Patriots
|01.25.14 at 10:33 pm ET|
Patriots director of pro personnel Nick Caserio was offered the vacant Miami GM position, but he’s decided to spurn the Dolphins and stay with New England, according to multiple reports.
Caserio, 38, has been with the Patriots since 2001 in various capacities, including as a personnel assistant, coaching assistant, area scout, wide receivers coach and personnel chief.
Caserio was among three candidates to meet with the Dolphins for a second interview Saturday — Miami also interviewed Tampa Bay director of player personnel Dennis Hickey and Tennessee vice president of player personnel Lake Dawson. It would appear Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine is the fourth finalist, as he had a second interview with Miami management on Friday.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft: Deflategate Most Overblown Story
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report