Reports: After interviewing for Dolphins GM job, Nick Caserio will stick with Patriots
|01.25.14 at 10:33 pm ET|
Patriots director of pro personnel Nick Caserio was offered the vacant Miami GM position, but he’s decided to spurn the Dolphins and stay with New England, according to multiple reports.
Caserio, 38, has been with the Patriots since 2001 in various capacities, including as a personnel assistant, coaching assistant, area scout, wide receivers coach and personnel chief.
Caserio was among three candidates to meet with the Dolphins for a second interview Saturday — Miami also interviewed Tampa Bay director of player personnel Dennis Hickey and Tennessee vice president of player personnel Lake Dawson. It would appear Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine is the fourth finalist, as he had a second interview with Miami management on Friday.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?