Peyton Manning, Luke Kuechly, Eddie Lacy among year-end award winners
|02.01.14 at 8:24 pm ET|
When it comes to a complete list of the NFL’s year-end honors, here’s a rundown of who won what Saturday night:
Offensive Player of the Year: Manning received 33 of the 50 votes cast for the award. Philly’s LeSean McCoy finished second with 10 votes.
Defensive Player of the Year: Former BC linebacker Luke Kuechly, who now toils for Carolina, took home the honor with 19 votes, besting Indy All-Pro linebacker Robert Mathis, who got 11½ votes.
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Green Bay running back Eddie Lacy won, the time a member of the Packers took him the award since 1971.
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson barely edged Buffalo linebacker Kiko Alonso for the DROY honors, 23 votes to 19 votes.
Comeback Player of the Year: Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers took the award.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots