Aaron Hernandez associate shot in leg at Hartford club
|02.03.14 at 8:58 am ET|
Alexander Bradley, who filed a lawsuit against former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez for allegedly shooting him in the face in an incident in Florida last February, was shot three times in the leg Sunday night while at a Hartford lounge, according to Hartford police.
Bradley, who is from East Hartford, responded to the shooting by getting a gun from his car, returning to the Vevo Lounge Bar & Grill and firing shots, police said. Officers spotted a car fleeing the scene and pulled it over, and Bradley fell out. He was taken to a hospital in police custody.
Hernandez remains in jail after being charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd. A prosecutor in that case referred to Bradley as Hernandez’s “former right-hand man.”
Investigators are looking into a July 2012 drive-by shooting in Boston in which two men were killed, and Hernandez is said to be a prime suspect, with Bradley believed to have been accompanying him.
Bradley has had other brushes with the law, including a 2006 conviction for selling drugs.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?