Aaron Hernandez associate shot in leg at Hartford club
|02.03.14 at 8:58 am ET|
Alexander Bradley, who filed a lawsuit against former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez for allegedly shooting him in the face in an incident in Florida last February, was shot three times in the leg Sunday night while at a Hartford lounge, according to Hartford police.
Bradley, who is from East Hartford, responded to the shooting by getting a gun from his car, returning to the Vevo Lounge Bar & Grill and firing shots, police said. Officers spotted a car fleeing the scene and pulled it over, and Bradley fell out. He was taken to a hospital in police custody.
Hernandez remains in jail after being charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd. A prosecutor in that case referred to Bradley as Hernandez’s “former right-hand man.”
Investigators are looking into a July 2012 drive-by shooting in Boston in which two men were killed, and Hernandez is said to be a prime suspect, with Bradley believed to have been accompanying him.
Bradley has had other brushes with the law, including a 2006 conviction for selling drugs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats