Aaron Dobson: ‘I’ve just got to get better’
|02.13.14 at 6:30 am ET|
Aaron Dobson is spending time time back home this offseason, and the Patriots wide receiver took some time Wednesday to talk with the Charleston Daily Mail about his rookie year, his development, and what he’s looking forward to when it comes to the challenges of his second season in the league.
Dobson. who had 37 catches and four touchdowns in his first season in the NFL, said that when it comes to his game, he doesn’t plan on being complacent.
“I’m never going to be content about anything,” Dobson said. “I just got to get better, improve and learn to have a better overall understanding of the game and be a better player.
“Me as a player, I’m trying to get better every day, just improve all areas of the game: blocking, catching, running routes, everything,” he said. “I’m just going to try to do whatever I need to do.”
Dobson, who struggled with foot issues over the course of the season, indicated he’s currently taking a break to rest his legs, but plans to return to training in the next couple weeks.
“It’s a new year, it’s going to be a whole different team,” he said. “I’m just excited to get back and start working.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?