Report: Aaron Hernandez’s barber could become witness in murder trial
|02.13.14 at 10:02 am ET|
Two days before Aaron Hernandez was arrested and later charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd, the former NFL star’s barber made a house call. Some eight months later, Fox 25 in Boston has uncovered that Hernandez and the barber, Robby Olivares, had a social relationship and Olivares may be a witness during the trial.
According to the report, recent court statements made during Friday’s hearing show that Olivares might be linked to the murder case. One of the keys to the case, according to Hernandez lawyer Jamie Sultan, is finding out what specifically happened at a nightclub in Boston’s Theater District called Rumors two nights before Lloyd was shot five times. Authorities have said they believe an exchange occurred between Hernandez and Lloyd at the club that caused Hernandez to no longer trust Lloyd.
A security manager at the club claims to have heard the exchange, and, while authorities are not certain Olivares was at the club that night, they suspect he was and heard the exchange. While he could be witness, nothing has reportedly linked Olivares to any criminal action.
“If he were to testify about what was said that ultimately lead to Mr. Hernandez having a motive to participate at a minimum in this murder, that’s crucial evidence,” said Boston criminal defense attorney David Yannetti.
Olivares used the social media platform Instagram to post pictures of himself and Hernandez. According to Fox 25, one photo was posted after midnight on June 17, 2013 — the night that Lloyd was murdered.
If Olivares were to be a witness during the trial, it would not be the first time he has provided information during the case. Olivares “guided” the grand jury to Hernandez’s secret apartment in Franklin, according to court documents made public in July.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed