How DeAngelo Hall’s new deal could affect Aqib Talib’s future
|02.19.14 at 1:53 pm ET|
The Redskins decision to re-sign cornerback DeAngelo Hall to a deal worth reportedly $20 million over four years will likely have an affect on the Patriots and their dealings with cornerback Aqib Talib on a couple of levels.
First, it probably removes Washington from the list of potential suitors for Talib — the Redskins went after Talib when the corner hit the open market last offseason before he returned to the Patriots on a one-year deal.
And second, the deal could be the first to provide some sort of idea of the financial landscape that awaits good-to-great cornerbacks this offseason. Hall was probably not going to be among the elite free-agent corners on the market, but if his deal is any indication, Talib’s could look forward to a slightly richer deal if he hits the open market next month.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Stats the Patriots Must Improve in 2014
- Cuts That Could Create Serious Cap Space for Pats
- Bargain Guide to Patriots' Offseason
- State of the Patriots at Start of 2014 Offseason
- Patriots 2014 Mock Draft with Scouting Profiles
- Manning Deserves Appreciation in Patriot Nation
- Patriots' Initial 2014 Draft Big Board