How DeAngelo Hall’s new deal could affect Aqib Talib’s future
|02.19.14 at 1:53 pm ET|
The Redskins decision to re-sign cornerback DeAngelo Hall to a deal worth reportedly $20 million over four years will likely have an affect on the Patriots and their dealings with cornerback Aqib Talib on a couple of levels.
First, it probably removes Washington from the list of potential suitors for Talib — the Redskins went after Talib when the corner hit the open market last offseason before he returned to the Patriots on a one-year deal.
And second, the deal could be the first to provide some sort of idea of the financial landscape that awaits good-to-great cornerbacks this offseason. Hall was probably not going to be among the elite free-agent corners on the market, but if his deal is any indication, Talib’s could look forward to a slightly richer deal if he hits the open market next month.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense