How DeAngelo Hall’s new deal could affect Aqib Talib’s future
|02.19.14 at 1:53 pm ET|
The Redskins decision to re-sign cornerback DeAngelo Hall to a deal worth reportedly $20 million over four years will likely have an affect on the Patriots and their dealings with cornerback Aqib Talib on a couple of levels.
First, it probably removes Washington from the list of potential suitors for Talib — the Redskins went after Talib when the corner hit the open market last offseason before he returned to the Patriots on a one-year deal.
And second, the deal could be the first to provide some sort of idea of the financial landscape that awaits good-to-great cornerbacks this offseason. Hall was probably not going to be among the elite free-agent corners on the market, but if his deal is any indication, Talib’s could look forward to a slightly richer deal if he hits the open market next month.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal