Johnny Manziel recounts connection with Tom Brady: ‘Extremely cool’
|02.21.14 at 1:05 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel said Friday he had made a connection with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
Speaking with the media at the NFL combine, Manziel said that Brady reached out to him after he texted the New England signal-caller.
“For him to reach back out to me after I extended a text message to him was extremely cool,” Manziel said. “It was kind of really funny conversation at first, and worked our way into a little more serious conversation. It was really nice, and very thankful for him to be able to extend a hand out to me in the situation that I’m in.
“The big thing was just enjoy the process. He kind of gave me a little joke — if I can teach him how to run like I can, he’ll do anything in the world for me. It was pretty funny hearing it from him.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...