Johnny Manziel recounts connection with Tom Brady: ‘Extremely cool’
|02.21.14 at 1:05 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel said Friday he had made a connection with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
Speaking with the media at the NFL combine, Manziel said that Brady reached out to him after he texted the New England signal-caller.
“For him to reach back out to me after I extended a text message to him was extremely cool,” Manziel said. “It was kind of really funny conversation at first, and worked our way into a little more serious conversation. It was really nice, and very thankful for him to be able to extend a hand out to me in the situation that I’m in.
“The big thing was just enjoy the process. He kind of gave me a little joke — if I can teach him how to run like I can, he’ll do anything in the world for me. It was pretty funny hearing it from him.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...