Tom Brady praises work of University of Michigan counselor Greg Harden
|02.27.14 at 4:39 pm ET|
In the piece, set to air on Showtime on March 5, Brady describes how Harden helped him reach a higher gear mentally.
“Your whole life, people have always told you how great you are as an athlete … he’s probably the first person in your life that says, ‘Well, you don’t deserve to really be on the field.’
“I found I could get the edge from my competitiveness and through my drive and work ethic and those were some of the things Greg really said. ‘This is what your strengths are. Let them be your strengths,’’ Brady said. ”Without a doubt, I’m forever grateful to him.”
Harden was effusive in his praise of the quarterback.
“[Brady] still can’t run … but you can’t catch him,” he said with a laugh. “It doesn’t matter. What matters is his heart and his mind. You can’t measure that boy’s heart … his mind.”
Check out some video of the piece here:
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick