Agent: Patriots to release veteran safety Steve Gregory
|02.28.14 at 1:11 pm ET|
The Patriots will release safety Steve Gregory on Friday, according to his agent David Canter.
The 31-year-old Gregory, who spent the last two seasons with New England, started 23 regular season games for the Patriots in that stretch. His best season came in 2013, when he played in 14 games (staring 11), and had 79 tackles (50 solo) and one sack, to go along with three passes defensed.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder has spent eight years in the league. Prior to signing with the Patriots as a free agent prior to the 2012 season, he was with the Chargers for six seasons.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain