Agent: Patriots to release veteran safety Steve Gregory
|02.28.14 at 1:11 pm ET|
The Patriots will release safety Steve Gregory on Friday, according to his agent David Canter.
The 31-year-old Gregory, who spent the last two seasons with New England, started 23 regular season games for the Patriots in that stretch. His best season came in 2013, when he played in 14 games (staring 11), and had 79 tackles (50 solo) and one sack, to go along with three passes defensed.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder has spent eight years in the league. Prior to signing with the Patriots as a free agent prior to the 2012 season, he was with the Chargers for six seasons.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick