Patriots decide not to tag anyone as window comes to close
|03.03.14 at 4:21 pm ET|
The deadline for the franchise tag has now come and gone — it was Monday at 4 p.m. — and the Patriots have decided not to use the tag for the second straight year.
The #Patriots have announced that there will be no transactions today.
Four players received the franchise tag, while two others were hit with the transition tag. The following players were tagged:
Jets kicker Nick Folk ($3.56 million)
Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo ($11.455 million)
Saints tight end Jimmy Graham ($7.035 million)
Panthers defensive lineman Greg Hardy ($13.116 million)
Steelers outside linebacker Jason Worilds ($9.754 million)
Browns offensive lineman Alex Mack ($10.039 million),
For the Patriots and their free agents, the next step in the process is the negotiating window from March 8-11. That’s the opportunity for teams to begin discussions with players who will become free agents later in the month. While dialogue can take place, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. on March 11.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples