Patriots decide not to tag anyone as window comes to close
|03.03.14 at 4:21 pm ET|
The deadline for the franchise tag has now come and gone — it was Monday at 4 p.m. — and the Patriots have decided not to use the tag for the second straight year.
The #Patriots have announced that there will be no transactions today.
Four players received the franchise tag, while two others were hit with the transition tag. The following players were tagged:
Jets kicker Nick Folk ($3.56 million)
Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo ($11.455 million)
Saints tight end Jimmy Graham ($7.035 million)
Panthers defensive lineman Greg Hardy ($13.116 million)
Steelers outside linebacker Jason Worilds ($9.754 million)
Browns offensive lineman Alex Mack ($10.039 million),
For the Patriots and their free agents, the next step in the process is the negotiating window from March 8-11. That’s the opportunity for teams to begin discussions with players who will become free agents later in the month. While dialogue can take place, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. on March 11.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...