NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Alabama OT Cyrus Kouandjio
|03.04.14 at 1:47 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive tackle
Weight: 310 pounds
Achievements: 2013 semifinalist for Outland Trophy, 2013 Sporting News first-team All-SEC, 2013 first-team All-SEC (coaches)
What he brings: Kouandjio has the size and athleticism that allows him to move well and find success while pass protecting. While scouts say he has areas where he can improve, they point out the noticeable differences in his play during his second season as a starter.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 1
Notes: Kouandjio, who was born in Cameroon, played in just eight games his freshman season before he suffered a season-ending knee injury. His brother, Arie, is a redshirt junior for Alabama. Kouandjio will write a weekly diary for NFL.com about going through the draft. He was one of four Alabama juniors to forgo his senior season for the draft.
Video: Here is a video of Kouandjio during Alabama’s game against Virginia Tech
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?