NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Alabama OT Cyrus Kouandjio
|03.04.14 at 1:47 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive tackle
Weight: 310 pounds
Achievements: 2013 semifinalist for Outland Trophy, 2013 Sporting News first-team All-SEC, 2013 first-team All-SEC (coaches)
What he brings: Kouandjio has the size and athleticism that allows him to move well and find success while pass protecting. While scouts say he has areas where he can improve, they point out the noticeable differences in his play during his second season as a starter.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 1
Notes: Kouandjio, who was born in Cameroon, played in just eight games his freshman season before he suffered a season-ending knee injury. His brother, Arie, is a redshirt junior for Alabama. Kouandjio will write a weekly diary for NFL.com about going through the draft. He was one of four Alabama juniors to forgo his senior season for the draft.
Video: Here is a video of Kouandjio during Alabama’s game against Virginia Tech
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...