NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
|03.05.14 at 1:45 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Tight end
Weight: 262 pounds
Achievements: 2013 John Mackey Award, 2012, 2013 second-team All-Pac-12, 2012 third-team AP All-American, 2011 first-team Freshman All-American
What he brings: Seferian-Jenkins, while not athletic, is a big player who is solid and has above-average receiving skills. While his downfield blocking is good, his in-line blocking needs work. He’s limited after the catch. He finished the 2013 season with 36 catches for 450 yards and eight touchdowns, one year after catching 69 passes for 852 yards and seven TDs as a sophomore.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: During medical testing at last month’s NFL combine, a stress fracture was revealed in Seferian-Jenkins’ foot. He had surgery on Feb. 28. … Seferian-Jenkins, who played basketball as well as football his freshman year at Washington, had a DUI on March 9, 2013, in Seattle that resulted in a day in jail and being suspended for Washington’s 2013 season opener.
CBSSports: Seferian-Jenkins opts for surgery now
Huffington Post: Austin Seferian-Jenkins arrested for DUI, Seattle Police say
Video: Here’s a package of Seferian-Jenkins highlights.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal