NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Alabama FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
|03.07.14 at 2:00 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
HA HA CLINTON-DIX
Position: Free safety
Weight: 208 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-American, 2013 first-team All-SEC
What he brings: Scouts say that Clinton-Dix has good vision and awareness on the field that allows him to react well to plays. Some warn, though, that Clinton-Dix’s aggressive style of play opens him up to misreading situations.
Where the Patriots could get him: Clinton-Dix is likely a top-15 pick, so the Patriots would have to trade up to get him.
Notes: Clinton-Dix’s first name is Ha’Sean, but he goes by Ha Ha because that was what his grandmother called him when he was younger. He served a two-game suspension after he received a loan from Corey Harris, the Alabama assistant strength and conditioning coach. The loan, which reportedly totaled less than $500, went against NCAA regulations because it was considered an extra benefit. Clinton-Dix was the top safety in the nation coming into college according to Rivals.com and Scouts.com.
Video: Here is a video with highlights from Clinton-Dix’s time at Alabama
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Amendola, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- How Rookie Cyrus Jones Fits in Patriots Defense
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld